The Cebu Provincial Information Office (PIO) in coordination with the Cebu Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Office (PDRRMO) and LENS, has organized a photo contest as the provincial government commemorates the impact of super typhoon Yolanda a year after it ravaged the northern part of Cebu.
The contest is open to all professional and amateur photographers except Cebu Provincial Government officials and employees as well as LENS members. No age limit is imposed.
The deadline for submission of entries is set at 5 P.M. of October 27. Winners will be announced on November 7.
How to join
To register, interested participants must submit to the Cebu PIO, PIO bldg, Capitol Site, Cebu City the following:
1. Completely filled out registration form;
2. Hard copy of photo entry in 8×10 printout;
3. Digital raw file of photo entry (300dpi resolution and at least 5mb in size) stored in CD/DVD.
Registration form can be downloaded from Cebu Provincial Government Website (www.cebu.gov.ph).
- Yolanda Emergency Response and Search and Rescue,
- Yolanda Relief Operations, and
- Yolanda Rehabilitation and Recovery Phase.
There is no limit on the number of entries per person per category. Each entry must comply with the following requirements:
1. Photographs must have been taken since November 8, 2013 when Yolanda struck and must be taken from Yolanda-affected towns in North Cebu (Tuburan, Tabogon, Daanbantayan, San Remegio, Tabuelan, Bantayan, Santa Fe, Madridejos, Sogod, Borbon, San Francisco, Poro, Tudela, Pilar and Bogo City.
2 . Only minor burning, dodging and/or color correction (contrast, saturation) are acceptable, as well as cropping. Major alterations such as digitally adding or removing anything are not allowed.
Contest consists of two (2) rounds of evaluation. In round one, selected members of the organizing committee will pre-select 10 best photo entries in each category according to creativity, relevance to the theme, and photographic quality.
In round two, the judges will collectively select top three (3) winners in each category. In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be re-submitted to the judges for a re-judging between the tied entries alone. In the event that a tie remains after re-judging, the entry with the highest score in the creativity criteria will be declared the winner.
Aside from the photo contest, the province will also launch the Paglig-on Rehabilitation Update Portal of the Province of Cebu Official Website on October 22.
On November 6, there will also a launching of exhibits from different non-government organizations (NGOs), international NGOs, and government agencies.
The formal program to commemorate the anniversary of Yolanda will be held on November 7 at the Bogo City Coliseum. On November 8, tour packages are offered in the 16 local government units affected by the typhoon.