Sixty-three (63) passengers and eighteen(18) crew members were safely brought back to Polambato port after MV Super Shuttle Ferry 10, a vessel of Asian Marine Transport Corporation, ran aground while leaving the wharf in Bogo City.
|MV Super Shuttle Ferry 10|
All passengers and crew members survived unscathed. The vessel was maneuvering away from Polambato wharf at 3:30 p.m. yesterday on its way to Palompon, Leyte when it drifted and touched bottom. Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA) Regional Director Nannette Villamor Diopol sent maritime safety specialists to investigate if the vessel is still seaworthy after the incident.
Sun Star reported that Asian Marine Transport Corporation vessels will be held in port until they pass the re-inspection and additional audit. MARINA will conduct a hearing and the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) will create a Board of Marine Inquiry to determine the cause of the accident.
Bogo City is considered as the trade and commerce hub of northern Cebu which has easy access to other provinces such as Leyte and Masbate.
POLAMBATO PORT RORO AND PUMPBOAT SCHEDULE
Updated Oct 23, 2016
bogo city hall 8/15/2013 05:08:00 PM
Paper-and-Pencil Test (PPT)
PROFESSIONAL (Second Level) and SUBPROFESSIONAL (First Level)
The CSE-PPT is conducted nationwide twice or thrice a year subject to the approval of the Commission.
|Date of Examination:||October 13, 2013|
|Testing Center:||Cebu City|
|Filing of Applications Deadline:||August 23, 2013 (8:00am - 3:00pm)|
|Place of Filing:||Bogo City Hall|
- Must be Filipino citizen;
- Must be at least 18 years of age on the date of filing of application;
- for April 14, 2013 CSE-PPT, applicants must be born on or before February 28, 1995
- for October 13, 2013 CSE-PPT, applicants must be born on or before August 30, 1995
- Fully accomplished Application Form (CS Form No. 100, Revised November 2012). The spaces for “Signature of Applicant” and “Right Thumbmark” on the form should be left blank. These shall be accomplished in the presence of the CSC processor.
- Four (4) copies of identical I.D. pictures with specifications, as follows:
- Passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)
- Colored, with white background
- Taken within three (3) months prior to filing of application
- Printed on good quality photo paper.
- In standard close-up shot (from shoulder level up with the head and face occupying at least 80% of the picture and with the name tag positioned at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin)
- In bare face (with no eyeglasses or any accessories that may cover the facial features)
- Showing left and right ears
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With neutral facial expression, and both eyes open
- With full and handwritten (not computer-generated) name tag in the format: First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name (if any), and signature over printed name. Four (4) copies of identical I.D. pictures with specifications, as follows:
IDs with lacking information, particularly the applicants's date of birth, SHOULD be supported by Birth Certificate issued/authenticated by the National Statistics Office (NSO) or Local Civil Registrar (LCR).
PASSING GRADE: 80.00
SCOPE OF EXAMINATION:
- Professional Level
- In English and Filipino: vocabulary, grammar and correct usage, paragraph organization, reading comprehension, analogy, logic, and numerical reasoning.
- In English and Filipino: vocabulary, grammar and correct usage, paragraph organization, reading comprehension, clerical operations, and numerical reasoning.
- Both levels of the examination will have general information questions on Philippine Constitution; Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees (R. A. 6713); peace and human rights issues and concepts; and environment management and protection.
It is regarded by many as a mystical islet and is considered as one of the major diving sites in Cebu province. Located ten kilometers southeast of mainland Bogo lies the breathtaking islet of Capitancillo which has become a relic of the rich history of the City of Bogo.
|Capitancillo Islet, Bogo City, Cebu|
Legend has it that the islet was named after a Spanish captain of a trading vessel or Galleon during the early years of the Spanish era. His name is Capitan Basillo. The captain disrespected Datu Bugtopasan, one of the early Chieftains of Mactan, who was known to have magical powers. Capitan Basillo then sneakily left the island. Enraged, the Datu pursued Capitan Basillo's vessel by riding his enchanted white horse over the strong waves. He then cursed and put a spell on the Spanish captain and his vessel followed by roaring thunder and bolts of lightning. The galleon was stuck and then transformed to what is now known as the Islet of Capitancillo, named after the ill-fated Capitan Basillo.
Today, the 6-hectare coral line islet is under the City government's watch to preserve its beauty. At the center of the island is a lighthouse which is one of the oldest lighthouses in the province.
|What's down under?|
Capitancillo Facebook Page (photo source)
The Historic Capitancillo Islet
Capitancillo: Mystically Beautiful Paradise (photo source)
Exploring Capitancillo Island in Bogo Cebu
Bogo City 8/03/2013 12:14:00 PM
The Philippine Science High School System (PSHSS) is now accepting applicants for the National Competitive Examination (NCE) for S.Y. 2014 - 2015. Deadline for the filing of application has been extended to August 12, 2013.
The Philippine Science High School System is a Service Institute of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) whose mandate is to offer on a free scholarship basis for secondary course with special emphasis on subjects pertaining to the Sciences with the end view of preparing its students for a Science career. This is according to Section 2 of Republic Act 3661 that established the first Philippine Science High School campus in 1964.
The program is open to all grade 6 pupils who belong to the top 10% of the graduating class or those who have special aptitudes in science and math.
The St. Louise de Marillac College in Bogo City has been identified as the venue for the examination for northern Cebu applicants. Northern Cebu applicants may get and submit application forms at the said campus.
Date of the examination is September 28, 2013.
The PSHS Central Visayas campus is located in Argao. Contact numbers: 513-0962 | 513-0957
You can download a copy of Application Form and NCE Application Process and Requirements here:Application Form
NCE Application Process and Requirements
bogo cebu 8/03/2013 06:24:00 AM
The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE ) Labor Tripartite Council in Education (LTCE) in coordination with the Industry Tripartite Council-Business Process Management / Information and Communication Technology (ITC-BPM-ICT) will implement a computer literacy program to benefit Barangay Cayang's out-of-school youth (OSY) for this second semester of 2013. Cayang is one of the target Child Labor-Free barangays in Cebu Province.
Thirty (30) computer units will be donated to the pilot institution - Northern Cebu Colleges Bogo City
"To ensure the success of the planned computer literacy program for OSYs, the LTCE-BOT created a committee which was tasked to discuss with TESDA the details on how this can be accredited, considering the program involves technical skills training requiring the issuance of National Certificate for levels I and II." - Philippine Information Agency